- Start Date: 2015
- End Date: ongoing
- Location: Abu Ghosoun Village
- Target Group: The general public and people interested in locally produced handicrafts.
- No of Beneficiaries: An average of 80-100 local women
- Project Description: Providing space and equipment to support the production and marketing of the local handicrafts of Ababda people. The goal is to preserve the natural heritage of the area and provide sustainable source of income for women and their families. The existing center has a storage area for all the raw materials, three workshops, a display area and a display tent, machinery (eg. sewing machines, local handmade rug apparatus), and a small office.
- Impact: This center serves as a community hub especially for women, where they can meet and work in a friendly work environment that accommodates their needs and allows for social support and childcare.
Regional Organization for the Conservation of the Environment of the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden