Hurghada Environmental Protection and Conservation Association
- Start Date: February 2019
- End Date: Ongoing
- Location: Hamata, Red Sea Governorate, Egypt
- Target Group: Local Fishermen
- No of Beneficiaries: x Local People
- Project Description: The local Ababda fishermen suffer from the absence of facilities for fish storage and therefore they sell their catch to traders and middlemen. In that process they lose a lot of money because they’re forced to sell at much lower prices to get rid of the fish before it expires. The availability of the freezer will support local fishing as a steady profession for Ababda. It will enable them to get fair and equitable benefits from their small-scale fishing industry.
- Facilities: Freezer for fish storage.
- Impact: This project will bring social and economic benefits for the local people by preserving a traditional and steady profession such as fishing. It will provide a fixed source of income from ecotourism and promote it. By encouraging responsible tourism, we continue to benefit the community and accommodate guests with a minimal impact on nature and the surrounding environment.